Sunday, April 18, 2010

Di Lusso Bakery Café | Bend Oregon

Di Lusso BendLooking for some killer breakfast items? Maybe a quick sandwich for lunch. Or just a spot to grab a cup of coffee and mooch some free internet. Di Lusso Bakery Café is the spot!

Di Lusso is located in downtown Bend, Oregon. It's on the corner of NW Bond Street and Franklin Ave. It is actually one of only places in Downtown Bend that has sufficient parking too!

I stole a "to go" menu from the tasty bakery café, so I could tell you guys about the great food they have to offer. I hope they don't hold it against me. They've got a great line up of Hot Sandwiches, Cold Sandwiches, and Salads.

Di Lusso Menu:

Hot Sandwiches:
  • Heroic Mediterranean Veggie - Roasted vegetables, feta, pickled red onions, field greens, spiced chickpea puree and roasted garlic olive oil on herb focaccia. $6.95
  • Not Your Mama's Tuna Sandwich - Cajun bronzed ahi, chimichurri, roma tomatoes, red onions and field greens on Cibatta. $7.95
  • The Di Lusso "Deluxe" Grilled Cheese - Sharp white cheddar, mozzarella, and gruyere cheese on rosemary bread. $3.95
  • Black Forest Ham & Havarti - Black Forest Ham, Havarti cheese, on marbled rye with stone ground mustard, mayonnaise and dill pickle. $6.95
Cold Sandwiches:
  • California Club - Turkey, bacon, avocado, Gruyere cheese, field greens, tomato and roasted garlic aioli on herb focaccia. $6.95
  • Submarino Italiano - Cappacola, salami, prosciutto, mozzarella, pepperoncinis, field greens, pickled onion, tomato and garlic oil on a hoagie roll. $6.95
  • Curried Chicken Salad - House curried chicken salad with toasted pecans, dried cranberries, field greens, dijonaise and tomato on multigrain bread. $6.95
  • Peanut Butter & Jelly - Creamy peanut butter & marionberry preserves on Italian country bread. $3.95
  • (Grilling option!)
Salads:
  • Ahi Tuna Poke - Ahi, mandarin oranges, crispy won ton strips, carrots, scallions, field greens, romaine, sesame vinaigrette. $7.95
  • Cobb - Chicken, bacon, avocado, egg, tomato, romaine, field greens, scallions, blue cheese dressing. $7.95
  • Caesar - Romaine hearts, shredded Parmesan, house croutons and creamy Caesar dressing. $5.95 ~ Add chicken for $2.00
  • Tortilla Chicken- Romaine and field greens with chicken, avocado, cheddar, tomato, scallions, tortilla strips, chimichurri and cilantro lime crème. $6.95
Build Your Own:
  • Di Lusso also offers a great Build Your Own Menu for both Sandwiches and Salads.
Di Lusso Bakery Café Info:

744 NW Bond
Bend, Oregon 97701


Phone: (541) 312-4036
Fax: (541) 312-4037
(Pre-order by phone or fax)

Open-
  • Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 6:00pm
  • Saturday, 6:00am - 5:00pm
  • Sunday, 6:30am - 3:00pm
  • Menu Hours: 10:00am - 3:00pm

Di Lusso Map

2 comments:

  1. HORRIBLE SERVICE!! Bitter Bad Attitude!! Get this, I spend on average $1,300 a year at DiLusso Bakery in Bend, and today the owner (Short, dark hair, in her 50’s) told me, "Don't come here anymore!" She has the worst business skills I have encountered since a taco stand in college. My Story: I purchase a Mocha with toasted marshmallow flavor almost every day of the year. Last week they were all out of this flavor, so I tried something else. They promised to buy more. A few days later they told me they bought more toasted marshmallow syrup, so I ordered. It turned out that they lost it, they said they couldn't find it. They looked everywhere. No luck, the owner said I would need to order something else, and I did. I also slid her a $20 bill across the counter and asked her to buy more toasted marshmallow syrup. This was my contribution to them re-stocking, my tip in advance, for them buying my flavor for next time. (My way of showing I seriously need them to re-stock that flavor) She tried to give the $20 back, but I insisted she keep it, and suggested she just stock the flavor again. Today the owner met me out in front before I got to the door and quickly handed me a $20 bill, and said, “Don’t come back here anymore!” and walked back in. … It was unbelievable! I guess I’m going to get my coffee somewhere else. I recommend people stay away from Dilusso Bakery in Bend! I’d be happy to give $1,300 a year to Thump or Lone Pine, wouldn’t you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is cool at DiLusso, cleared up the mis-understanding. Apologies exchanged. I had a meeting there toay, and plan on going there regularly again. They do have great food and coffee!

    Brian Tompkins

    ReplyDelete